Monday, March 21, 2011

Photo Shelf

Made By Me for Monday!!!

Hello everyone!!!  I hope you all had a fantastic weekend and are looking forward to a wonderful week!  Did you do anything creative this weekend???  We had some super gorgeous Spring sunshine to enjoy.  It was wonderful!

Just a quick note, I have had BUNCHES of emails about my craft room since I posted it last week.  Did you miss the post?  No worries!  CLICK HERE to see it :)  Anyway, I have decided that in the next week or two, I will do a part II Craft Room post.  Maybe that will help answer some of the questions.  Oh, and THANKS BUNCHES for the oh, so, kind comments about my creative space.  You all made me smile!

Onto this week's creation!!!  First of all, you are going to have to excuse the fact that I forgot to take a before picture!  OOPS!  Sometimes I just get so ExcItEd to get started on a creation that I forget to take a before picture!  But, we all know what an unfinished shelf looks like right???  SO, all you need to do is picture the shelf in an unfinished state :)  Okay, got it pictured? 

Well, here is what it looks like now:
My paint color is Mississippi Mud.  I use it a lot because it matches my home decor so well.

I LOVED this shelf because of the picture openings.  Anything that lets me display pictures makes me happy!  I added strips of scrapbook paper around the "frames" with mod podge to make the photos stand out even more :)

This is the top of the shelf.  I mod podged scrapbook paper to it.  The paper has just a slight glittery look to it which I absolutely LOVE! Oh, and it matches my bedroom perfectly (which BTW is where I am hanging the shelf).

I inked the edges of the shelf lightly before I mod podged it.
Here it is all finished.  I added my boys names in vinyl on top of their pictures.  I used my handy dandy Cricut Machine to cut those.  Couldn't live without it!!!


I will be linking up at some of these parties HERE this week.  Show them some love!  It is a lot of work to host linky parties each week!

I hope you will come back and join in on my linky parties too!
Wednesday: Wandering Wednesday Blog Hop
Thursday: Thrilling Thursday Linky Party
Friday: Fun w/Food Friday Linky Party
See YOU there!!!

16 comments:

Anne said...

Hi Lori! visiting you from Metamorphosis Monday. I love the shelf, esp the glitter paper on the top. Love sparkly stuff!

Jane @ Jane's Junk and Treasures said...

Now wait.....how did you get the patterns on the top?

I really like it!! Great colors!

Nikki said...

how cute is this! love everything about it!

Scarlett said...

aww so cute!! Great make Scarlett x

Scarlett said...

aww so cute!! Great make Scarlett x

Anonymous said...

oh Lori.. so so gorgeous!! I love the top of the shelf.. its awesome!! Such a lovely idea.. Thank you for coming to Colours Dekor.. and linking in.. You totally make my day!! :-)

Sasha said...

Lori this is too cute! I can't believe you have 4 boys and still have time to make things like this! Thanks for linking up to Creation Mondays @ ~The Life of Me~!

Lori said...

Lovely :)

Stephanie @ henry happened said...

Hi - I wanted to let you know that I've given you a "Stylish Blogger Award." :)

You can check it out here:
http://henryhappened.blogspot.com/2011/03/im-stylish-who-knew.html

My Dream Canvas said...

This is gorgeous!! Hope to see you at My Dream Canvas!

Joy@Thrifty Parsonage Living said...

What a cute shelf! I love the top of the shelf with the paper on it.

mustangkayla said...

What a cute idea!

Jill said...

Beautiful shelf! What a neat idea!

Thanks for linking to a Round Tuit!
Hope you have a great week!

Jill @ Creating my way to Success
http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

notyet100 said...

luved the piece..

Connie said...

that's really cute! I may make one but bigger and with pegs under each pic for my kids to hang their book bags and school stuff. Thanks for the inspiration!!--connie, measuredbytheheart.blogspot.com

Be Colorful Coastal said...

Great colors to create a fun vignette. Thanks for sharing on Motivated Monday at BeColorful
Pam