Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Blog Swap with Boy! Oh Boy! Oh Boy!

SOOOOO happy to have Stacey from Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy! Crafts today!  Man, does she have some SUPER cute stuff to share!!!

Take it away, Stacey!!!!!!

Helloooooo there! I'm Stacey and I blog over at Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy! Crafts.



I'm so thrilled to be swapping blogs with Lori today. I love stopping by Paisley Passions to see what creative, new things she's up to. Her Thrilling Thursday's Linky Party is just that--thrilling. I'm so inspired by what I see there each week. Which leaves me a bit nervous for this swap because I know all of you, creative people, are linking up there each week.


So. About me? I was an Elementary school teacher for 8 years and hope to be again in the near future. I met and fell in love with Mr. Boy in our freshman year of college. We now live overseas, moving every 2 years or so. I never imagined when we were dating that our life would be this exciting. I like to sew and craft. And, oh, yes, I think I forgot to mention . . . I'm mom to three boys, ages 5, 2, and 7 months. Which means no matter where we're living, my life is full of spice. And noise. And dirt. My blog started, just over a year ago, as a creative outlet and motivation to get me away from the TV (not so relaxing when you have to translate everything that's being said) and doing something productive after the kids are out for the night. It now has me waking in the middle of the night (hmmmm, or could just be the nursing infant) in order to write down an idea before it slips away. What types of posts can you find at Boy, Oh Boy, Oh Boy?

Things I make for my boys.

Handmade gift ideas. This year was heavy on the new baby gifts and since it was the summer of the boys, baby boy gifts were a plenty.

I enjoy planning parties, making seasonal decorations for our house, and getting crafty with the kids.
And, um, apparently I have a pillow obsession because the number of pillow posts is staggering.

I also adore all things I-Spy, so you'll see a bit of that as well. I'm currently sitting among heaps of I-Spy squares waiting to be mailed back to my swap participants which means more I-Spy projects to come.

I also post weekly for Wednesday's Wickedly Awesome. I feature one blog each week from the best of blogland. Well, from the point of view of a mother of boys, anyway. I'll admit that my bloggy attention is usually grabbed by things to make for my boys and our home. There are so many amazingly talented people out there that I'm constantly adding new friends to my blog roll.

Thanks for letting me stop by and introduce myself today! I'd love to see you again around my neck of the woods.

2 comments:

Jayna Rae said...

I think that I will have to follow her blog. I too have boys and love anything boy. She looks amazing!!! I am so glad you swapped and introduced your readers to her.

Susie Buetow said...

Happy Wednesday! I’m your newest follower, linked up and blogged! Happy Wednesday! http://cafescrapper-scrapsoflife.blogspot.com/2011/02/wednesday-blog-hop.html