Friday, January 28, 2011

Fun w/ Food Friday

Welcome to week #4 of Fun w/ Food Friday! So happy with how many of you linked up last week :) Thanks for participating!

Before we get started, I have a special guest post from Judee @ Gluten Free w/ Judee .  She is going to share with us how to make GLUTEN FREE pizza!  It looks ABSOLUTELY DELICIOUS TOO!

HERE IS JUDEE's POST :)  Take it away, Judee!!!
Judee @ Gluten Free w/ Judee
 
I am delighted to be a guest blogger this week on Paisley Passion's "Fun With Food Friday".
My blog features healthy delicious recipes that aim to please everyone, but the recipes are vegetarian and gluten free. To stick to the " FUN" theme, I tried to think of a food that I associate with fun..
Pizza came to mind!



Gluten free pizza
 
I love pizza, but I try to stay away from eating even gluten free pizza crust because it fattening and just packs on the pounds.
The pizza recipe I am sharing this week tastes great and is gluten free and can be made very low calorie or very low carb.
It is a dieter's dreams come true.

The crust is made with a secret ingredient that is very healthy and tasty.
Instead of using flour to make a pizza crust, this low carbohydrate ( or low calorie version)  uses cauliflower. Yes, frozen or fresh!

Even if you are not a cauliflower lover, don't stop reading. You will love this crust and not even know the cauliflower is in there! It's a great way to sneak in extra vegetables for the family and a great way to reduce the amount of calories and carbohydrates in your meal.

Ingredients  
1 pkg. frozen cauliflower, steamed and drained
1/3 cup vegetable style egg beaters ( or 1 egg, beaten)
1 cup grated pizza cheese ( fat free or regular)
a few shakes of Trader Joe's 21 Salute  Seasoning or
1 tsp. oregano
Topping:
Marinara Sauce
1/2 cup grated pizza cheese
sautéed mushrooms or other sautéed vegetables

 Directions:
Preheat oven to 450 degrees
Drain water ( squeeze out) from steamed cauliflower.
Grate cauliflower in food processor  ( like you would grated carrots for coleslaw)
Place in bowl and try to press out any liquid.
Mix eggbeaters, grated cheese and seasoning with the grated cauliflower. Mix well
Spread batter in a oiled 8X8 metal baking pan
Bake for 15 minutes
Remove from oven.
Spread with marinara sauce,  grated pizza cheese, and any sauteed vegetables of choice

Put back in oven at 500 degrees for 5 minutes until cheese melts.
Steam Cauliflower

Grate Cauliflower

Mix with egg beaters, grated cheese, and seasonings

Spread mixture in pan

Remove from pan before adding toppings

Add toppings. Bake @ 500 degrees for 5 min. DELICIOUS!
WOW!  What a healthy way to make pizza!  I think I may just have to give this a try and see what my kiddos think of it :)  Thanks, Judee for sharing here on Paisley Passions today!


Should we get this party started? I can't wait to see what gets linked up!

Remember FOOD RELATED posts only please. If you want to link up a craft, DIY, or other creation, scroll down to Thrilling Thursday and link up :)

Wanna link up? Here's all you have to do:

1. Become a Paisley Passions follower.

2. Link back to the party in some way.

3. Have fun! Visit some of the other links and leave them a comment or two! We all love comments!





Linky party will be open until Monday at midnight :)

8 comments:

Cranberry Morning said...

That looks intriguing!! Thanks for the post. :-)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing. I really enjoy finding new recipes to share with everyone. Feel free to check out my recipes also.

Unknown said...

I'm freaking out at all the yummy chocolate recipes!

Unknown said...

Thanks for hosting! Judee's recipe looks like something fun to try!

KM said...

that pizza crust recipe sounds really, really good. I cannot wait to try it!

Kristen
http://livingwiththemartins.blogspot.com

a moderate life said...

Hi Lori! What a wonderful roundup of fun food! I love the idea of doing a pizza crust made from cauliflower! very creative. This week I am linking up a recipe that I made of Mark Bittman's Baked Ziti using brown rice pasta to make it gluten free and my kids loved it! All the best! Alex

Danielle @ The Mad Ryno House said...

it's so nice to see a gluten free recipe. i just learned of my wheat intolorence and pizza is my absolute favorite food. you can imagine my devastation! I'll be trying this recipe tomorrow. i might even blog about.

<3 dani

Kitty Deschanel said...

Thank you for the unique cauliflower recipe. I bought some on a whim the other day and have been clueless about what to do with it :)