Wednesday, June 16, 2010
I take no credit for the idea on these. I have seen them everywhere! I just wanted to give it a try and see if I could make them.
Here are a few pointers I learned along the way:
1. I liked cutting actual "petals" and singeing them rather than circles.
2. Use a lit candle to singe. It works much better than a lighter!
3. Hold your material with tweezers. Your fingers will thank you for it.
4. The tulle burns very easily. It can be held quite a ways from the flame and still get the singed look.
5. This project is FRUSTRATING for an uber perfectionist like myself. I kept wanting the petals to all look the same. I finally just had to embrace the imperfections and love them however they turned out.
Have fun creating!!!
I am LINKING HERE. Show them some love and check them out. Oh, and if you wanted to "follow" me, I wouldn't complain ;) I am feeling a little unloved at the moment, haha!